What conditions do occupational therapists treat?
- Work related injuries-especially to the upper extremity
- Amputees and people with special prosthetics
- Stroke or heart attack victims
- People with arthritis, multiple sclerosis or permanent disabilities
- People with mental health problems
- People with head injuries
- People suffering from severe burns and spinal cord trauma
- Fabricate custom orthotic devices to increase functional ability or prevent a deformity of the upper extremities
- Mentally ill or emtionally disturbed individuals by teaching them coping skills
Occupational Therapists treat and help patients achieve independence-often reteaching skills used in everyday life that many of us take for granted.