What is Lab Wellness Testing?
Today, Americans are becoming more health-conscious, more aware of our bodies, and considerably more knowledgeable about our general health.
Ellsworth Municipal Hospital is now offering a program which allows individuals to receive wellness screens without a physician's written order. Wellness Laboratory Testing is not meant as a substitute for regular medical care. Rather, it is a quick, easy and inexpensive way for people to monitor their health or medical condition. Wellness Laboratory Testing allows individuals to manage their health and health concerns between physician visits.
About Wellness Testing
- A physician's order is not required for these tests
- Tests are offered through EMH Laboratory from 7:00 am until 2:00 pm Monday - Friday
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- The customer, If 18 years or older or a parent/legal guardian if the person is under 18, consents to take responsibility for the follow up of abnormal results
- A physician will review critical test results
- Payment for tests must be received a the time of service in cash or check; insurance will NOT be billed.
- The results will be sent directly to you within one week of collecting the specimen.
- You're encouraged to share these results with your health care professional.
- Contact EMH if you have questions. 641-648-4631