- Design individual treatment programs aimed at improving someone's ability to carry out activities of daily living
- Evaluate home and work environments and recommend necessary adaptations
- Asses and treat work related performance skills
- Recommend and train individuals to use special adaptive equipment to replace lost funtions
- Instruct and educate family members and attendants in the safe and effective methods of caring for the special needs person.
- Fabricates custom orthotic devices to increase funtional ability or prevent deformity of upper extremities
You must be referred to occupational therapy by your physician. All occupational therapy patients receive an evaluation. Changes in the resulting treatment plan may occur depending on a patient's response to treatment. Occupational therapists also work closely with other members of the rehabilitation team.
For more information on Occupational Therapy at
Ellsworth Municipal Hospital: