A special kind of caring for patients who wish to spend their last days at home or in familiar surroundings with people they love.
- Physical, emotional, spiritual and social support.
- 24-hour availability.
- Care given in the patient’s home or in a home-like setting.
- Concentrates on pain control to obtain a comfort level, which the patient helps choose.
- Recognizes family members as an essential part of hospice.
- Believes the quality of life to be as important as the length of life.
- Provides the necessary Home Medical Equipment to maintain a patient in their own home.
- Pays for medications (95 percent) related to the terminal illness.
- Alternative therapies such as Healing Touch, Aroma Therapy, Music Therapy, Reflexology and Reiki.
- Short-term hospital inpatient or respite care available when needed.
Hospice is a non-profit organization committed to providing care regardless of race, color, age, creed, national origin, disabilities, or disease process.
Your Hospice Team:
Visits the patient at home or home-like setting as often as necessary.
Patient’s Personal Physician:
Continues to be involved in the patient’s care.
Advises the Hospice Team about issues related to medical care.
Home Care Aide/Homemaker:
Assists with personal cares, light housekeeping, and/or childcare.
Offers the patient and family support in coping with the emotional and financial stresses.
Offer the patient and family a trusted companion and growing friendship. They are available to run errands, assist with light housekeeping, and give relief to the caregiver.
Clergy offer spiritual assistance and encourage personal clergy contacts.
Continues on after the death of a loved one. We offer grief mailings and support groups.
Seated: Joye Meyer, Certified Healing Touch/Reflexology; Karla Klimesh, RN, Director; Cindy Souhrada, RN Standing: Kathy Massa, Spiritual Coordinator; Lisa Vitale, RN, Volunteer Coordinator; Kathy Grinhaug, RN, Carolyn Noe, LBSW, Social Worker; Dr. Paul Jensen, Medical Director; Connie Koshatka, RN
Seated: Sarah McGee, HCA; Janelle Beckman, HCA; Sheila Halweg, RN, Home Health/HCA Director Standing: Lorraine Pullman, HCA; Connie Meyer, HCA; Janel Turvold, HCA; Karla Jensson, RN; Joe Lawrence, HCA Missing: Laurie Burke, HCA and Connie Kuennen, Administrator
Please contact Howard County Community Hospice when:
- A loved one or friend would benefit from our Hospice Team
- You are interested in being a Hospice volunteer
- You want more information
- You need a speaker for your group or organization
Howard County Community Hospice
327 8th Avenue West
Cresco, IA 52136