3 Simple Steps to Get A Medicare-Approved Drug Discount Card
Different people have different drug needs and prefer to get their medicines in different ways. To compare cards and decide which Medicare-approved drug discount card is best for you, contact Medicare for help - either by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), visiting http://www.medicare.gov/ or contacting your local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). If you visit http://www.medicare.gov/, you can use the Price Compare tool to help choose your card or you can download the Guide to Choosing a Medicare-Approved Drug Discount Card for more information. You can also talk to a live person at 1-800-MEDICARE to get the facts you need.
To better serve you, have the following information ready:
- Your ZIP code,
- Your medicines and doses (you can find this information on your pill bottles), and
- Your total monthly income (if you are interested in the additional financial help available for people with Medicare who have lower incomes).
To help narrow your discount card choices, you can also tell us your preferred pharmacy, whether you are interested in low-cost or no-cost cards, and the names of any specific cards you want more information about.
If you call 1-800-MEDICARE, you will be sent a personalized brochure that allows you to look at discount cards based on your drug needs and your preferences about how to get your medicines.
You can use this personalized information to:
- Look at the prices being offered for all of your drugs,
- Look at the annual enrollment fee charged by card sponsors that provide the best prices on your drugs, and
- Look at the pharmacies that accept the discount card to make sure your preferred pharmacy is included.
U.S Department of Health & Human Services