Board Members: Jean Brumm - President
Leo Chisholm - Vice President
Gina Goddard - Treasurer/Secretary
Ashley Wilberding - Assistant
Kevin Runolfson - Appointed
Kara Naig - Director
The Mitchell County Memorial Foundation, Inc. was formed in 1992 with the charge of improving health care in Mitchell County through assisting in the purchase of equipment, education and other means. Some of its initial projects included funding for surgical equipment a mammography unit, and funds to help build Mitchell County Regional Health Center’s Stacyville Clinic.
In 1998 the foundation began a capital campaign entitled ‘Building a Foundation for Life’. The funds raised were targeted for a renovation of the Emergency Services, Surgery, Radiology and Laboratory Departments of Mitchell County Regional Health Center. The foundation has raised $750,000 of its $1.1 million goal thus far. Thus far, the following parts of the project have been completed:
- Parking along Pine Street
- Improved Emergency Room Driveway and Walkway
- New flooring in Surgery, Central Supply, Recovery and Emergency Department areas
- New mechanical, heating, and ventilation in Surgery, Cental Supply, Recovery and the Emergency Department
- Fire sprinklers in Surgery, Central Supply, Recovery and Emergency Department
- New lights in the Emergency Room and Operating Rooms
- New blanket warmer
- Established scholarship for area graduating students
- Uniting 4th Street Healthcare in St. Ansgar - new clinic
If you would like to make a gift to the Foundation or would like more infomation about the Foundation please call Kara Naig at 641-732-6013.
OUR MISSION: To promote the highest quality health care in Mitchell County.