Mitchell County Regional Health Center offers an Outpatient Diabetes Education program. The program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and is certified by the State of Iowa.
Successful management of diabetes requires ongoing care, treatment and education.
With a referral from your medical provider you will receive an initial assessment of your learning needs. Education is provided in both individual and group sessions.
Information covered includes:
- What diabetes is
- Learning to check your own blood sugar
- How to take insulin, if prescribed
- Complications of diabetes
- Coping with Diabetes and,
- Setting goals to help you live with diabetes
Insurance may cover the cost of Diabetes Education. For more information, contact Lori Gross, RD/LD, and diabetes educator at 641-732-6008.